Thursday, June 3, 2010

one month...

...until I leave for Nepal!!! My anticipation is growing by the day, but as usual, I can't even fully realize the fact that I will be with the kiddos in just one month. Whoa. And though excitement runs through my veins back to my heart to give it life at the moment, I can't help but be saddened that Britta won't be with me this go around. It will be strange walking to the village for some cookies and hopeful internet by myself telling the local kids that my name is John Cena. The following are a few favorites from two and half years ago...I can't wait to see how much they've grown.


Tulie's steering while Manesa checks herself out in the mirror

morning dal bhat before school

the little ones keeping watch over the rice

a northside view of the compound

a first bubbles experience as Buddi holds up Ashish

catching bubbles takes such concentration

here's my boy, Manish...his nickname for me was Giraffe

our friends that inhabit the jungles to the south of Harka

No comments: